We’re excited to announce that our school community will be participating in the
OPEN National Field Day event on Friday, May 8th! This is an exciting opportunity to get our students moving and compete in different challenges! Don’t worry, this will not be in place of our normal end of the year field day. This is just additional fun for grades K-8!
OPEN (Online Physical Education Network) is a national public service organization that provides curriculum and training support to more than 90,000 teachers in all 50 states. We will be using their resources and social media network to help us organize our school’s participation in #NationalFieldDay.
All #NationalFieldDay events are designed to be done indoors or outdoors using common household items. You won’t be asked to purchase any specialized equipment or supplies and you can do these activities on your own time.
Here’s how it will work:
- Your family will be asked to choose a minimum of 4 events to complete on Field Day. However, you may complete as many events as you’d like to.
- From May 3 thru 7, we will follow #NationalFieldDay and watch the Field Day Torch travel across the country in preparation for the main event.
- On May 8, families can participate in events, complete an official score card, share photos and videos to firstname.lastname@example.org, and participate nationally on social media using #NationalFieldDay.
- After the event, your student will submit their scorecard via email to Ms.Tsagalakis at email@example.com
- Every student that completes at least 4 events will receive an OPEN National Field Day certificate!
We appreciate your cooperation and are hopeful that your entire family will use it as a fun and meaningful way to be physically active together and with our entire school community.
Print this link below if you would like to join in on the fun!!